Philanthropy has always been an essential part of successful YMCA operations. In light of the pandemic, staying on top of the trends, learning what’s working, discovering new best practices are required for not just success but for survival.
NAYDO 2021 CONFERENCE NEWS
NAYDO’s plan has been to provide you with two options: an in-person and a virtual conference. While planning for both, it became very clear that it would not be feasible to provide a high quality version of each one simultaneously. We have also heard from many of you that training and travel budgets are severely limited for 2020 which coincides with the drop in revenue that almost every business is experiencing during this pandemic.
On Sept. 2, 2020, NAYDO Council made the decision that NAYDO 2021 will be VIRTUAL ONLY. There will NOT be an opportunity to register for an in-person event.
WHY IS THAT GOOD NEWS?
- You don’t need a travel budget to attend
- You won’t lose time away from your Y or your family or need to arrange for childcare
- It will cost much less for registration
- You won’t have to wear a mask, use hand sanitizer, or get your temperature taken, and you will be safe and stay healthy
NAYDO has invested in the technology to bring you a high-quality Virtual Conference experience that will include:
- Live-streamed General Sessions (except for the food, you will feel like you are there in person!)
- Six workshops in each round with the ability to interact with the presenter (some will be live streamed and some recorded and with live for Q & A)
- You don’t have to pick only one workshop each round because you will be able to view them all for a period of time post-conference)
- Hot Topics (You won’t have to stand the entire time if the group is large; we can easily sub-divide into smaller groups without moving any chairs!)
- YMCA Impact Tours will be included in the cost of registration
- You will be able to visit the Virtual Exhibit Hall and even make one-on-one appointments with company reps
- Philanthropy Live! will take on new meaning with a two-part panel discussion on funding social justice initiatives, facilitated by sponsor The Redwoods Group
- Even the Young Professionals Class of 2021 will be done virtually
- You will be part of NAYDO history while joining in our 40th Anniversary celebration
NAYDO, in partnership with YMCA of the USA, YMCA Canada and YMCA Mexico, inspires and strengthens the philanthropic culture of the YMCA.
Future Conference Dates & Sites